Howdy Mamas, Happy Holidays!
Hey Lexi! here, and this month we’re gearing up for the Holiday Season! I thought it would be fun to share a great tip I got from a wonderful podcast I listen to, The Business Boutique by Christy Wright. In her episodes on Surviving Christmas with your business and your Money she shared something that I really took to heart and have been implementing in my own life this year. She calls it the Holidays Greatest Hits List.
I don’t know about you but there is a certain level of stress for me that only comes but once a year! 😉 And being a new mom, this can be an exciting and yet stressful season in your New Mom Life. You’re dreaming of what the holidays will be like with your new little family, what traditions you want to use from your childhood as well as what new traditions you will build with your kids.
Here is a tip of my own, your first Christmas with your baby will be special as it’s the first one, don’t kill yourself going overboard to do everything right away as your little one won’t really remember Christmas till next year or the year after. Whatever you need to do to feel like it’s the holidays do that, but don’t stress yourself thinking that everything must be just perfect for this first year! Just having them with you while you do your holiday shopping, or baking Christmas cookies is a fun memory to share! 😊
One more Tip from my heart to yours, don’t expect this Christmas to be like last Christmas or any Christmases before that! Each year is special and different, let’s give ourselves some grace enjoy the moment this year. Also, there is no “Perfect Christmas,” just like there’s no perfect people or perfect families. Let’s stop kidding ourselves and comparing our Holidays and Family Traditions to everyone around us, or even to our own Celebrations from years past. Take some time to just relax, contemplate the meaning of these wonderful holidays and ENJOY your new family.
HOLIDAY’S GREATEST HITS LIST
So, here is what Christy shared about the Holiday Greatest Hits List that really hit home for me. “Take some time to think about what is important to you over the Holiday Season, those things that if you don’t do them it just doesn’t feel like it’s been a Holiday, write them down, and then ONLY DO THOSE THINGS!!!” I’m adding emphasis to this point as it is so easy to get sucked into the hustle and bustle of the season that we run ourselves ragged and instead of enjoying time with our families and friends. We get stuck on our mission to check off every single item on our to do lists, time gets away from us, and life gets crazy! (GUILTY! ☹) If you need some tips on how to maintain your normal routines during this time of year check out my post on Maintaining Your New Normal When Life Happens! This year I’m going to be intentional to do it differently. So I’ve made my own Holidays Greatest Hits List and have included it as an example below.
LEXI’S HOLIDAY’S GREATEST HITS!
- Drink Pumpkin Spice Coffee!!! Pumpkin Cookies, Pumpkin bread, PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!!! 😀
- Decorate the House (We go all out for Halloween @ my House it’s one of my favorite Holidays!)
- Community Festivals (Here in Texas our family enjoys Oktoberfest, and Día De Los Muertos Festivals 😊)
- Creating Fun Family Costumes
- Going to the Pumpkin Patch
- Pumpkin Carving
- Family Gratitude List
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday Shopping (Bet you’ll never guess which spouse enjoys which day! Answer to follow in next post 😉)
- Fall Crafts with my Daughter
- Watching Seasonal Movies/Listening to Seasonal Music
- Peppermint Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate, Gingerbread and other Holiday Flavors
- Decorate the House and put up Christmas Lights
- Decorate the Christmas Tree while Listening to Christmas Carols and Drinking Hot Chocolate
- Bake Christmas Cookies
- Go Christmas Shopping
- Watching Christmas Movies/Listening to Christmas Music
- Go to the Nutcracker or to see The Ice @ Gaylord Texan
- Drive around and look @ Christmas Lights with Peppermint Shake/Coffee or Hot Chocolate
- Elf on the Shelf
- Candlelight Christmas Eve Service
- Read the Christmas Story from the Bible Christmas Day
- Family Dinner and Gift Exchange
- Host a New Year’s Eve Party
- Spend Time in Prayer, Reflection, and Meditation
- Dream Casting/Vision Casting for the Coming Year!
Well there you have it folks, my Holiday’s Greatest Hits List! I hope you can use some of these tips to help you have a relaxing, fun, and memorable holiday! More Holiday Fun to come next month! Until then, TTFN!
Hey Lexi! Signing Off.
As always, if you’ve enjoyed this post please share this with your friends, and don’t forget to leave your questions in the comment section below! I am here for you, let me know your pain points, what are you struggling with? Together we can find a solution and encourage one another! Keep up the good work Mama! You’re so AWESOME!!! 😀